Red Sox option Daniel Nava to Pawtucket to make room for Rubby De La Rosa
|05.31.14 at 3:37 pm ET|
To make room for Saturday’s starter Rubby De La Rosa, the Red Sox optioned outfielder Daniel Nava to Pawtucket. The outfielder appeared in five games since being recalled by the team last Saturday. In his second stint with the team this season, Nava did not have a hit.
Nava has played in 22 games this year for the Red Sox, hitting .130 with two homers, three RBI, two doubles and seven walks while appearing in right field, left field and first base.
De La Rosa takes the mound for his first start in a Red Sox uniform. The righty has the best strikeout rate (8.8 strikeouts per nine innings, WHIP (1.22) and opponent batting average (.218) among the starters in Pawtucket. In his last start at Syracuse for the PawSox, De La Rosa went six innings allowing no runs, four hits, two walks and five strikeouts.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Shaw Becoming Star After Being Thrown in Spotlight by Sandoval Benching
- Ortiz, Red Sox Look Headed for 1 More Exciting Run
- Updates on Xander Bogaerts' Wrist and Return
- Latest Updates on Joe Kelly's Injury
- Even Price Can't Stop Red Sox Rotation Giving Bad Feeling of Deja Vu
- Sandoval's Ex-Trainer Says He Has Eating Problem
- Ortiz Closing in on Top 25 in Career Home Runs
- Podcast Ep. 95: One month in, start it up again
- Weekly Notes: Rodriguez, Smith begin rehab assignments
- Cup of Coffee: Rijo breaks out, rain washes Salem and Greenville
- Cup of Coffee: Haley, Lakins continue strong starts
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi continues surge, Smith rehabs
- Cup of Coffee: E-Rod rehabs, Ball debuts, Benintendi big again
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi powers Salem past Frederick
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Michael Chavis
- Cup of Coffee: Kyri Washington rips pair of doubles in Greenville loss
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas, Swihart lead Pawtucket on a light night