Red Sox option Daniel Nava to Pawtucket to make room for Rubby De La Rosa
|05.31.14 at 3:37 pm ET|
To make room for Saturday’s starter Rubby De La Rosa, the Red Sox optioned outfielder Daniel Nava to Pawtucket. The outfielder appeared in five games since being recalled by the team last Saturday. In his second stint with the team this season, Nava did not have a hit.
Nava has played in 22 games this year for the Red Sox, hitting .130 with two homers, three RBI, two doubles and seven walks while appearing in right field, left field and first base.
De La Rosa takes the mound for his first start in a Red Sox uniform. The righty has the best strikeout rate (8.8 strikeouts per nine innings, WHIP (1.22) and opponent batting average (.218) among the starters in Pawtucket. In his last start at Syracuse for the PawSox, De La Rosa went six innings allowing no runs, four hits, two walks and five strikeouts.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Concerned Should Red Sox Be over Price's Roller-Coaster 2016?
- Latest Updates on Chris Young's Hamstring Injury
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Jerez and Romanski selected to Eastern League All-Star Game
- Cup of Coffee: Castillo powers PawSox
- Chris Marrero, Sean O'Sullivan selected to Int'l League All-Star Team
- Scouting Scratch: Josh Pennington, Darwinzon Hernandez and Gerson Bautista
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi celebrates Futures Game selection with four-hit night
- Moncada and Benintendi named to Futures Game
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson strikes out eight to make his case
- Podcast Ep. #100: Your regularly scheduled June programming
- Red Sox promote Miller, option Cuevas