Red Sox option Daniel Nava to Pawtucket to make room for Rubby De La Rosa
|05.31.14 at 3:37 pm ET|
To make room for Saturday’s starter Rubby De La Rosa, the Red Sox optioned outfielder Daniel Nava to Pawtucket. The outfielder appeared in five games since being recalled by the team last Saturday. In his second stint with the team this season, Nava did not have a hit.
Nava has played in 22 games this year for the Red Sox, hitting .130 with two homers, three RBI, two doubles and seven walks while appearing in right field, left field and first base.
De La Rosa takes the mound for his first start in a Red Sox uniform. The righty has the best strikeout rate (8.8 strikeouts per nine innings, WHIP (1.22) and opponent batting average (.218) among the starters in Pawtucket. In his last start at Syracuse for the PawSox, De La Rosa went six innings allowing no runs, four hits, two walks and five strikeouts.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts in left, Basabe stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Boyd spins gem, Hill stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Mendoza leads DSL 1 in lone affiliate victory
- Scouting Scratch: Tate Matheny and Kyri Washington
- Cup of Coffee: Kent dominates, Devers scores game-winner
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada homers twice, Kopech strikes out nine
- Podcast Ep. #102: Groome signs, Dave deals, podcast delivered
- Weekly Notes: Groome signs, Espinoza traded, Marrero is All-Star MVP
- Cup of Coffee: Salem walks off, Hill rakes in Lowell loss
- Cup of Coffee: Basabe reaches base four times for Greenville