Red Sox lineup: Jonathan Herrera at shortstop, A.J. Pierzynski catching against LHP Drew Smyly
|06.06.14 at 3:12 pm ET|
With left-hander Drew Smyly on the mound for the Tigers, Jonathan Herrera gets a start at shortstop over Stephen Drew as the Red Sox open a three-game series in Detroit. Even with Drew out of the lineup, Xander Bogaerts will remain at third base to provide the Red Sox with lineup stability.
Even with a southpaw on the mound, A.J. Pierzynski will get the start over David Ross behind the plate, perhaps a testament to the productive pairing of Pierzynski and Friday’s starter, Rubby De La Rosa, when De La Rosa made his first big league start in three years last Saturday.
RED SOX LINEUP
Brock Holt, 1B
Xander Bogaerts, 3B
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, DH
Jonny Gomes, LF
A.J. Pierzynski, C
Grady Sizemore, RF
Jonathan Herrera, SS
Jackie Bradley Jr., CF
Rubby De La Rosa, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- David Price Allowed 5 ER in 3.1 IP and Is Now 0-8 in Career Postseason...
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller