Red Sox lineup: Jonathan Herrera at shortstop, A.J. Pierzynski catching against LHP Drew Smyly
|06.06.14 at 3:12 pm ET|
With left-hander Drew Smyly on the mound for the Tigers, Jonathan Herrera gets a start at shortstop over Stephen Drew as the Red Sox open a three-game series in Detroit. Even with Drew out of the lineup, Xander Bogaerts will remain at third base to provide the Red Sox with lineup stability.
Even with a southpaw on the mound, A.J. Pierzynski will get the start over David Ross behind the plate, perhaps a testament to the productive pairing of Pierzynski and Friday’s starter, Rubby De La Rosa, when De La Rosa made his first big league start in three years last Saturday.
RED SOX LINEUP
Brock Holt, 1B
Xander Bogaerts, 3B
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, DH
Jonny Gomes, LF
A.J. Pierzynski, C
Grady Sizemore, RF
Jonathan Herrera, SS
Jackie Bradley Jr., CF
Rubby De La Rosa, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Updating the scouting reports - stage two complete
- Fort Report: Moncada Madness
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster