Clay Buchholz to make rehab start with Pawtucket on Friday
|06.09.14 at 6:30 pm ET|
BALTIMORE — Red Sox right-hander Clay Buchholz, who threw a three-inning simulated game in Detroit on Sunday, will make a rehab start with Triple-A Pawtucket on Friday as the next step in his efforts to leave behind the early-season struggles that left him saddled with a 7.02 ERA. The Sox are looking for Buchholz to throw roughly five innings for Pawtucket at McCoy Stadium, at which point, the team will make a determination about where he will make his next start.
“It’s not like he’s coming off an arm ailment or anything with the throwing, the arm action. We feel like we can go from a three-inning sim game to five innings of work,” said Farrell. “We’ll see where he’s at after Friday.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Christian Vazquez
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday
- Kukuk arrested, charged with aggravated robbery
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Allen Webster
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Brandon Workman
- Alex Hassan claimed off waivers by Oakland
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: AFL winds down, Vazquez makes debut
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Jackie Bradley, Jr.