Clay Buchholz to make rehab start with Pawtucket on Friday
|06.09.14 at 6:30 pm ET|
BALTIMORE — Red Sox right-hander Clay Buchholz, who threw a three-inning simulated game in Detroit on Sunday, will make a rehab start with Triple-A Pawtucket on Friday as the next step in his efforts to leave behind the early-season struggles that left him saddled with a 7.02 ERA. The Sox are looking for Buchholz to throw roughly five innings for Pawtucket at McCoy Stadium, at which point, the team will make a determination about where he will make his next start.
“It’s not like he’s coming off an arm ailment or anything with the throwing, the arm action. We feel like we can go from a three-inning sim game to five innings of work,” said Farrell. “We’ll see where he’s at after Friday.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Podcast Ep. 79: Promotions, Signings, Rankings, Fireworks?
- Five Sea Dogs chosen for Eastern League All-Star team
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza and Owens pitch well, Basabe leads Lowell
- Red Sox sign five more draftees, including first-round pick Benintendi
- 2015 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free! (close to goal)
- Cup of Coffee: Margot helps Portland earn split as part of crazy Monday schedule
- Weekly Notes: Top prospects on the move
- Cup of Coffee: Salem, Greenville bullpens fall apart, Pawtucket wins in extras
- Cup of Coffee: Margot homers in Hadlock debut
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon, Miller shine in Salem debuts