Clay Buchholz to make rehab start with Pawtucket on Friday
|06.09.14 at 6:30 pm ET|
BALTIMORE — Red Sox right-hander Clay Buchholz, who threw a three-inning simulated game in Detroit on Sunday, will make a rehab start with Triple-A Pawtucket on Friday as the next step in his efforts to leave behind the early-season struggles that left him saddled with a 7.02 ERA. The Sox are looking for Buchholz to throw roughly five innings for Pawtucket at McCoy Stadium, at which point, the team will make a determination about where he will make his next start.
“It’s not like he’s coming off an arm ailment or anything with the throwing, the arm action. We feel like we can go from a three-inning sim game to five innings of work,” said Farrell. “We’ll see where he’s at after Friday.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Fort Report: Moncada Madness
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando