Clay Buchholz to make rehab start with Pawtucket on Friday
|06.09.14 at 6:30 pm ET|
BALTIMORE — Red Sox right-hander Clay Buchholz, who threw a three-inning simulated game in Detroit on Sunday, will make a rehab start with Triple-A Pawtucket on Friday as the next step in his efforts to leave behind the early-season struggles that left him saddled with a 7.02 ERA. The Sox are looking for Buchholz to throw roughly five innings for Pawtucket at McCoy Stadium, at which point, the team will make a determination about where he will make his next start.
“It’s not like he’s coming off an arm ailment or anything with the throwing, the arm action. We feel like we can go from a three-inning sim game to five innings of work,” said Farrell. “We’ll see where he’s at after Friday.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Fort Report: Groome impresses in spring start
- Notes from the Field: Jason Groome debuts on Day Four
- Chatham using size to his advantage at shortstop
- Fort Report: Another round of cuts as Opening Day nears
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp