Clay Buchholz to make rehab start with Pawtucket on Friday
|06.09.14 at 6:30 pm ET|
BALTIMORE — Red Sox right-hander Clay Buchholz, who threw a three-inning simulated game in Detroit on Sunday, will make a rehab start with Triple-A Pawtucket on Friday as the next step in his efforts to leave behind the early-season struggles that left him saddled with a 7.02 ERA. The Sox are looking for Buchholz to throw roughly five innings for Pawtucket at McCoy Stadium, at which point, the team will make a determination about where he will make his next start.
“It’s not like he’s coming off an arm ailment or anything with the throwing, the arm action. We feel like we can go from a three-inning sim game to five innings of work,” said Farrell. “We’ll see where he’s at after Friday.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Weekly Notes: Greenville makes playoff push, GCL Sox reach finals
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, De Jesus pitch Sox into GCL finals
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi powers Greenville to victory
- Cup of Coffee: Callahan helps move Greenville into wild card lead
- Podcast Ep. 84: Mailbag extravaganza!
- Cup of Coffee: Longhi, Watkins power Greenville playoff push
- Cup of Coffee: Drive step closer to playoffs behind Drehoff, Moncada
- Cup of Coffee: Season comes to an end for DSL Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: DSL Sox drop playoff opener; Espinoza dominates
- Weekly Notes: Greenville lineup turning heads