Felix Doubront throws 75 pitches in rehab start
|06.10.14 at 4:05 pm ET|
Felix Doubront had an encouraging outing in his rehab start Tuesday as he allowed two earned runs over 4 2/3 innings for Triple A Pawtucket.
Doubront, who is working his way back from a strained left shoulder, threw 75 pitches in the outing, allowing six hits, walking one batter and striking out three. The lefty had allowed two runs and three hits over four innings for Double A Portland in his previous start last Thursday.
The 26-year-old last pitched for the Sox on May 20. He is 2-4 this season with a 5.12 earned run average this season. There is no timetable for his return to the majors.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Ockimey powers Lowell, Hernandez leads PawSox comeback
- Cup of Coffee: McAvoy tosses Salem past Nationals
- Cup of Coffee: Chavis shines in national TV spotlight
- Cup of Coffee: Travis, Owens continue hot stretches
- Cup of Coffee: Brian Johnson leads PawSox to shutout victory
- After slow start, Cecchini heating up at the plate, settling into left field
- Cup of Coffee: Watkins earns save after catching 14 innings
- Weekly Notes: Johnson makes Major League debut
- Cup of Coffee: Big offensive performances from Pawtucket, Greenville and Portland
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas, Travis highlight tight Portland victory