Felix Doubront throws 75 pitches in rehab start
|06.10.14 at 4:05 pm ET|
Felix Doubront had an encouraging outing in his rehab start Tuesday as he allowed two earned runs over 4 2/3 innings for Triple A Pawtucket.
Doubront, who is working his way back from a strained left shoulder, threw 75 pitches in the outing, allowing six hits, walking one batter and striking out three. The lefty had allowed two runs and three hits over four innings for Double A Portland in his previous start last Thursday.
The 26-year-old last pitched for the Sox on May 20. He is 2-4 this season with a 5.12 earned run average this season. There is no timetable for his return to the majors.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox deal Anthony Ranaudo to Rangers for Robbie Ross Jr.
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings