Felix Doubront throws 75 pitches in rehab start
|06.10.14 at 4:05 pm ET|
Felix Doubront had an encouraging outing in his rehab start Tuesday as he allowed two earned runs over 4 2/3 innings for Triple A Pawtucket.
Doubront, who is working his way back from a strained left shoulder, threw 75 pitches in the outing, allowing six hits, walking one batter and striking out three. The lefty had allowed two runs and three hits over four innings for Double A Portland in his previous start last Thursday.
The 26-year-old last pitched for the Sox on May 20. He is 2-4 this season with a 5.12 earned run average this season. There is no timetable for his return to the majors.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Scouting Scratch: Yoan Moncada
- Owens reassigned to minors in latest roster cuts; Boggs released
- The Write-Up: More reports from Fort Myers
- Karsten Whitson close to his old self in Red Sox system
- 2015 Spring Training Reports
- With injury behind him, Longhi honing selective approach this spring
- Podcast Ep. 71: Spring Training Reports!
- Scouting Scratch: Trey Ball
- Fort Report: SoxProspects crew arrives in Fort Myers
- The Write-Up: More from the Fort