Felix Doubront throws 75 pitches in rehab start
|06.10.14 at 4:05 pm ET|
Felix Doubront had an encouraging outing in his rehab start Tuesday as he allowed two earned runs over 4 2/3 innings for Triple A Pawtucket.
Doubront, who is working his way back from a strained left shoulder, threw 75 pitches in the outing, allowing six hits, walking one batter and striking out three. The lefty had allowed two runs and three hits over four innings for Double A Portland in his previous start last Thursday.
The 26-year-old last pitched for the Sox on May 20. He is 2-4 this season with a 5.12 earned run average this season. There is no timetable for his return to the majors.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Xander Bogaerts' Wrist and Return
- Latest Updates on Joe Kelly's Injury
- Even Price Can't Stop Red Sox Rotation Giving Bad Feeling of Deja Vu
- Sandoval's Ex-Trainer Says He Has Eating Problem
- Ortiz Closing in on Top 25 in Career Home Runs
- Updates on Red Sox Star Pablo Sandoval's Injury
- Ortiz Looks Determined to Go out with a Bang
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi continues surge, Smith rehabs
- Cup of Coffee: E-Rod rehabs, Ball debuts, Benintendi big again
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi powers Salem past Frederick
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Michael Chavis
- Cup of Coffee: Kyri Washington rips pair of doubles in Greenville loss
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas, Swihart lead Pawtucket on a light night
- Michael Chavis placed on disabled list with torn thumb ligament (UPDATE: report rescinded)
- Weekly Notes: Light, Cuevas get first-time call-up
- Cup of Coffee: Lakins shoves, Drive bats come alive
- Red Sox recall Light and Owens for Sunday night tilt