Felix Doubront throws 75 pitches in rehab start
|06.10.14 at 4:05 pm ET|
Felix Doubront had an encouraging outing in his rehab start Tuesday as he allowed two earned runs over 4 2/3 innings for Triple A Pawtucket.
Doubront, who is working his way back from a strained left shoulder, threw 75 pitches in the outing, allowing six hits, walking one batter and striking out three. The lefty had allowed two runs and three hits over four innings for Double A Portland in his previous start last Thursday.
The 26-year-old last pitched for the Sox on May 20. He is 2-4 this season with a 5.12 earned run average this season. There is no timetable for his return to the majors.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Cup of Coffee: Buttrey stays unbeaten; Longhi's bat paces Drive
- Scouting Scratch: High minors bullpen arms
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada returns, Bradley Jr. goes off
- Eduardo Rodriguez to be recalled for Thursday start
- Cup of Coffee: Roof and Tekotte go back-to-back in Portland win
- The Write-Up: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Stankiewicz fires eight-inning gem to lead Salem
- Weekly Notes: The Yoan Moncada era begins
- Cup of Coffee: Ball shuts down Dash offense, Callahan has wild outing
- Cup of Coffee: Witte walks off for Portland, Buttrey goes seven strong for Salem