Felix Doubront throws 75 pitches in rehab start
|06.10.14 at 4:05 pm ET|
Felix Doubront had an encouraging outing in his rehab start Tuesday as he allowed two earned runs over 4 2/3 innings for Triple A Pawtucket.
Doubront, who is working his way back from a strained left shoulder, threw 75 pitches in the outing, allowing six hits, walking one batter and striking out three. The lefty had allowed two runs and three hits over four innings for Double A Portland in his previous start last Thursday.
The 26-year-old last pitched for the Sox on May 20. He is 2-4 this season with a 5.12 earned run average this season. There is no timetable for his return to the majors.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Cup of Coffee: Chatham comes up clutch, Downs lifts Lowell
- Scouting Scratch: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Chris Marrero, pitching help PawSox clip Red Wings
- Cup of Coffee: Sermo homers three times; Basabe keeps streaking
- Scouting Scratch: Luis Alexander Basabe and Michael Chavis
- Cup of Coffee: Procyshen homers, Benintendi triples in victories
- Podcast Ep. #103: Yes Devers loves me, the homers tell me so
- Weekly notes: Benintendi moves to left field
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects four hits, Kemp blasts two homers
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero and Devers homer, Dalbec debuts