Felix Doubront ready to go Friday if Red Sox use him in Brandon Workman’s place
|06.18.14 at 5:18 pm ET|
Felix Doubront appears a good bet to get Friday’s start in Oakland, a spot that is now vacant with Brandon Workman serving his six-game suspension.
“He’s a definite candidate, Felix is,” John Farrell said Wednesday. “He’s on turn, but we’ll have that announcement by tomorrow.”
Doubront would not say whether he is starting the game for sure, but saying only, “I just heard I have to be ready for Friday.”
The 26-year-old lefty, who was dealing with a shoulder injury, is back in Boston after making three rehab starts between Double A Portland and Triple A Pawtucket.
Doubront last pitched Sunday for Pawtucket, striking out 10 batters over five innings of work.
“I feel good,” Doubront said. “Like I said, I’m ready. Ready to come back and [it's] good to be here again.”
In nine starts for the Red Sox this season, Doubront is 2-4 with a 5.12 ERA.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Aaron Kurcz dealt to Atlanta for Anthony Varvaro
- Offseason Notes: Trades, signings, and awards
- Marco Hernandez received from Cubs to complete Doubront trade
- Podcast Ep. 69: Hot Stove on High
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo/Vazquez headline action in Puerto Rico
- Trade analysis: Scouting the players in the Wade Miley deal
- Sox acquire Zeke Spruill for Myles Smith in second D-Backs trade
- Justin Masterson: An unlikely All-Star reunites with the Red Sox
- Trade analysis: Scouting the prospects dealt for Porcello
- Astros select Jason Garcia in Rule 5 draft, trade him to Orioles