Felix Doubront ready to go Friday if Red Sox use him in Brandon Workman’s place
|06.18.14 at 5:18 pm ET|
Felix Doubront appears a good bet to get Friday’s start in Oakland, a spot that is now vacant with Brandon Workman serving his six-game suspension.
“He’s a definite candidate, Felix is,” John Farrell said Wednesday. “He’s on turn, but we’ll have that announcement by tomorrow.”
Doubront would not say whether he is starting the game for sure, but saying only, “I just heard I have to be ready for Friday.”
The 26-year-old lefty, who was dealing with a shoulder injury, is back in Boston after making three rehab starts between Double A Portland and Triple A Pawtucket.
Doubront last pitched Sunday for Pawtucket, striking out 10 batters over five innings of work.
“I feel good,” Doubront said. “Like I said, I’m ready. Ready to come back and [it’s] good to be here again.”
In nine starts for the Red Sox this season, Doubront is 2-4 with a 5.12 ERA.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Shaw Becoming Star After Being Thrown in Spotlight by Sandoval Benching
- Ortiz, Red Sox Look Headed for 1 More Exciting Run
- Updates on Xander Bogaerts' Wrist and Return
- Latest Updates on Joe Kelly's Injury
- Even Price Can't Stop Red Sox Rotation Giving Bad Feeling of Deja Vu
- Sandoval's Ex-Trainer Says He Has Eating Problem
- Ortiz Closing in on Top 25 in Career Home Runs
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza ties Drive K record in dominant outing
- Cup of Coffee: Chris Marrero powers PawSox past IronPigs
- April Players of the Month: Andrew Benintendi and Teddy Stankiewicz
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada hits grand slam to lead Salem sweep
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Nick Longhi
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas and Maxwell lead the PawSox
- Podcast Ep. 95: One month in, start it up again
- Weekly Notes: Rodriguez, Smith begin rehab assignments
- Cup of Coffee: Rijo breaks out, rain washes Salem and Greenville
- Cup of Coffee: Haley, Lakins continue strong starts