Clay Buchholz dominant in rehab outing with PawSox
|06.19.14 at 4:54 pm ET|
Clay Buchholz turned in a solid outing in his second rehab outing with Triple-A Pawtucket Thursday afternoon in Rochester, New York.
Buchholz finished with six shutout innings, allowing just two hits and two walks while fanning five. The righty didn’t allow a single hit until the fifth inning, finishing up with 87 pitches.
The starter, who was placed on the 15-day disabled list, told ‘The Bradfo Show he will join the Red Sox in Oakland, although it is unclear when he might be activated.
The outing was a step up from Buchholz’ previous start for the PawSox, in which he allowed three runs on four hits over 4 2/3 innings.
For more from Buchholz, listen to ‘The Bradfo Show’ podcast by clicking here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Xander Bogaerts' Wrist and Return
- Latest Updates on Joe Kelly's Injury
- Even Price Can't Stop Red Sox Rotation Giving Bad Feeling of Deja Vu
- Sandoval's Ex-Trainer Says He Has Eating Problem
- Ortiz Closing in on Top 25 in Career Home Runs
- Updates on Red Sox Star Pablo Sandoval's Injury
- Ortiz Looks Determined to Go out with a Bang
- Cup of Coffee: Haley, Lakins continue strong starts
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi continues surge, Smith rehabs
- Cup of Coffee: E-Rod rehabs, Ball debuts, Benintendi big again
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi powers Salem past Frederick
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Michael Chavis
- Cup of Coffee: Kyri Washington rips pair of doubles in Greenville loss
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas, Swihart lead Pawtucket on a light night
- Michael Chavis placed on disabled list with torn thumb ligament (UPDATE: report rescinded)
- Weekly Notes: Light, Cuevas get first-time call-up
- Cup of Coffee: Lakins shoves, Drive bats come alive