Clay Buchholz dominant in rehab outing with PawSox
|06.19.14 at 4:54 pm ET|
Clay Buchholz turned in a solid outing in his second rehab outing with Triple-A Pawtucket Thursday afternoon in Rochester, New York.
Buchholz finished with six shutout innings, allowing just two hits and two walks while fanning five. The righty didn’t allow a single hit until the fifth inning, finishing up with 87 pitches.
The starter, who was placed on the 15-day disabled list, told ‘The Bradfo Show he will join the Red Sox in Oakland, although it is unclear when he might be activated.
The outing was a step up from Buchholz’ previous start for the PawSox, in which he allowed three runs on four hits over 4 2/3 innings.
For more from Buchholz, listen to ‘The Bradfo Show’ podcast by clicking here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Weekly Notes: Top prospects on the move
- Cup of Coffee: Salem, Greenville bullpens fall apart, Pawtucket wins in extras
- Cup of Coffee: Margot homers in Hadlock debut
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon, Miller shine in Salem debuts
- Notes from the Field: Margot's Double-A debut and more
- Cup of Coffee: Portland welcomes new call-ups, Moncada has big night
- Dubon promoted to Salem, Jerez to Portland in series of roster moves
- Devers, Margot named to Futures Game roster
- Report: Marrero, Aro, Bradley up to Boston
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson sharp again, Espinoza debuts for GCL Sox