Clay Buchholz dominant in rehab outing with PawSox
|06.19.14 at 4:54 pm ET|
Clay Buchholz turned in a solid outing in his second rehab outing with Triple-A Pawtucket Thursday afternoon in Rochester, New York.
Buchholz finished with six shutout innings, allowing just two hits and two walks while fanning five. The righty didn’t allow a single hit until the fifth inning, finishing up with 87 pitches.
The starter, who was placed on the 15-day disabled list, told ‘The Bradfo Show he will join the Red Sox in Oakland, although it is unclear when he might be activated.
The outing was a step up from Buchholz’ previous start for the PawSox, in which he allowed three runs on four hits over 4 2/3 innings.
For more from Buchholz, listen to ‘The Bradfo Show’ podcast by clicking here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Perez leads GCL Sox to walk-off win in finals opener
- Weekly Notes: Greenville makes playoff push, GCL Sox reach finals
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, De Jesus pitch Sox into GCL finals
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi powers Greenville to victory
- Cup of Coffee: Callahan helps move Greenville into wild card lead
- Podcast Ep. 84: Mailbag extravaganza!
- Cup of Coffee: Longhi, Watkins power Greenville playoff push
- Cup of Coffee: Drive step closer to playoffs behind Drehoff, Moncada
- Cup of Coffee: Season comes to an end for DSL Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: DSL Sox drop playoff opener; Espinoza dominates