Clay Buchholz dominant in rehab outing with PawSox
|06.19.14 at 4:54 pm ET|
Clay Buchholz turned in a solid outing in his second rehab outing with Triple-A Pawtucket Thursday afternoon in Rochester, New York.
Buchholz finished with six shutout innings, allowing just two hits and two walks while fanning five. The righty didn’t allow a single hit until the fifth inning, finishing up with 87 pitches.
The starter, who was placed on the 15-day disabled list, told ‘The Bradfo Show he will join the Red Sox in Oakland, although it is unclear when he might be activated.
The outing was a step up from Buchholz’ previous start for the PawSox, in which he allowed three runs on four hits over 4 2/3 innings.
For more from Buchholz, listen to ‘The Bradfo Show’ podcast by clicking here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: GCL Red Sox win league championship
- Weekly Notes: Red Sox win GCL title, Castillo debuts
- ESPN Boston: Farm clubs faring well
- Cup of Coffee: Rusney Castillo debuts, PawSox clinch wild card
- Red Sox acquire infielders Jemile Weeks and Ivan De Jesus
- Cup of Coffee: Haley, Light dominate, GCL takes game one
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson keeps rolling, GCL wins semifinal
- Cup of Coffee: Gonzalez leads combined no-hitter in DSL Playoff opener
- Cup of Coffee: Asuaje leads Salem to doubleheader split
- Players of the Week, 8/18-24: Brian Johnson & Mike Miller