Poll: Was David Ortiz out of line for complaining about Fenway scorekeeper?
|06.19.14 at 11:19 am ET|
However, Ortiz also drew the ire of some when he gestured toward the press box and later complained about the scorekeeper after he reached base safely in the seventh inning only to have the play ruled as an error on first baseman Joe Mauer.
This, of course, isn’t the first time Ortiz has made news for complaining about a hit being taken away. What do you think about his latest issue?
How do you view David Ortiz's complaint about the Fenway Park scorekeeper Wednesday?
- Out of line: Ortiz should be focused on the team, not his stats (73%, 605 Votes)
- Doesn't matter: He can do what he wants, as long as he does his job (14%, 115 Votes)
- He's right: Nothing wrong with Ortiz sticking up for himself (13%, 109 Votes)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Trade Analysis: Scouting the prospects dealt for Tyler Thornburg
- Trade Analysis: Scouting the pitching prospects dealt for Chris Sale
- Trade Analysis: Scouting the hitting prospects dealt for Chris Sale
- Podcast Ep. #110: Dealin' Dave's Winter Sale
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo to play in Puerto Rican League
- November Notes: Prospect rankings and new CBA
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez belts walk-off home run
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Devers, Hernandez stand out in Dominican winter league
- Podcast Ep. #109: Alex Speier on Ranking the System
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez debuts, Tavarez, Mars stay hot