Poll: Was David Ortiz out of line for complaining about Fenway scorekeeper?
|06.19.14 at 11:19 am ET|
However, Ortiz also drew the ire of some when he gestured toward the press box and later complained about the scorekeeper after he reached base safely in the seventh inning only to have the play ruled as an error on first baseman Joe Mauer.
This, of course, isn’t the first time Ortiz has made news for complaining about a hit being taken away. What do you think about his latest issue?
How do you view David Ortiz's complaint about the Fenway Park scorekeeper Wednesday?
- Out of line: Ortiz should be focused on the team, not his stats (73%)
- Doesn't matter: He can do what he wants, as long as he does his job (14%)
- He's right: Nothing wrong with Ortiz sticking up for himself (13%)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Swihart learning to catch the knuckler in Pawtucket
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 7: Low Minors Pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Brentz walks off for PawSox home opener
- Cup of Coffee: Jackie Bradley Jr. continues hot start, Pawtucket falls in doubleheader
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 6: Mid-Minors Pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Margot, Longhi, and Cecchini provide the power
- Podcast Ep. 73: Scout Talk and Season's Start
- Cup of Coffee: Abbreviated 2015 debuts for Kopech, Barnes
- Weekly Notes: Let the games begin
- Cup of Coffee: Eduardo Rodriguez picks up where he left off