Poll: Was David Ortiz out of line for complaining about Fenway scorekeeper?
|06.19.14 at 11:19 am ET|
However, Ortiz also drew the ire of some when he gestured toward the press box and later complained about the scorekeeper after he reached base safely in the seventh inning only to have the play ruled as an error on first baseman Joe Mauer.
This, of course, isn’t the first time Ortiz has made news for complaining about a hit being taken away. What do you think about his latest issue?
How do you view David Ortiz's complaint about the Fenway Park scorekeeper Wednesday?
- Out of line: Ortiz should be focused on the team, not his stats (73%)
- Doesn't matter: He can do what he wants, as long as he does his job (14%)
- He's right: Nothing wrong with Ortiz sticking up for himself (13%)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- SoxProspects Staff Announcement: Promotions and new hires!
- Hanley Ramirez: A former top prospect returns
- Ryan Lavarnway designated for assignment as Sandoval signs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez shines in Puerto Rico
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Xander Bogaerts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Mookie Betts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Christian Vazquez
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday