Poll: Was David Ortiz out of line for complaining about Fenway scorekeeper?
|06.19.14 at 11:19 am ET|
However, Ortiz also drew the ire of some when he gestured toward the press box and later complained about the scorekeeper after he reached base safely in the seventh inning only to have the play ruled as an error on first baseman Joe Mauer.
This, of course, isn’t the first time Ortiz has made news for complaining about a hit being taken away. What do you think about his latest issue?
How do you view David Ortiz's complaint about the Fenway Park scorekeeper Wednesday?
- Out of line: Ortiz should be focused on the team, not his stats (73%, 605 Votes)
- Doesn't matter: He can do what he wants, as long as he does his job (14%, 115 Votes)
- He's right: Nothing wrong with Ortiz sticking up for himself (13%, 109 Votes)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Chris Marrero, Sean O'Sullivan selected to Int'l League All-Star Team
- Scouting Scratch: Josh Pennington, Darwinzon Hernandez and Gerson Bautista
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi celebrates Futures Game selection with four-hit night
- Moncada and Benintendi named to Futures Game
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson strikes out eight to make his case
- Podcast Ep. #100: Your regularly scheduled June programming
- Red Sox promote Miller, option Cuevas
- Weekly Notes: Promotions continue and scouting notes
- Cup of Coffee: Ball great again, Benintendi stays hot