Poll: Was David Ortiz out of line for complaining about Fenway scorekeeper?
|06.19.14 at 11:19 am ET|
However, Ortiz also drew the ire of some when he gestured toward the press box and later complained about the scorekeeper after he reached base safely in the seventh inning only to have the play ruled as an error on first baseman Joe Mauer.
This, of course, isn’t the first time Ortiz has made news for complaining about a hit being taken away. What do you think about his latest issue?
How do you view David Ortiz's complaint about the Fenway Park scorekeeper Wednesday?
- Out of line: Ortiz should be focused on the team, not his stats (73%)
- Doesn't matter: He can do what he wants, as long as he does his job (14%)
- He's right: Nothing wrong with Ortiz sticking up for himself (13%)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox acquire two pitching prospects in Peavy trade
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket pushes streak to 11 games
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson strikes out 12 in win, Betts leads PawSox in route
- The Write-Up: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Owens falters in Futures rematch; Shaw leads PawSox
- Cup of Coffee: Martinez, Heller, Weems lead Salem bats in win
- Cup of Coffee: Light shines bright for Salem
- Players of the Week, 7/14-20: Michael Almanzar & Trey Ball
- Cup of Coffee: Acosta scores four in GCL Sox sweep
- Weekly Notes: Betts returns to Pawtucket, Owens wins ninth straight