Bryce Brentz rehabbing in Fort Myers after hamstring setback
|06.21.14 at 6:14 pm ET|
At a time when the Red Sox have been desperate for outfield production and right-handed bats, Bryce Brentz has been notably absent from the discussion. Brentz has been out since tweaking a hamstring on May 15. Initially, the injury was considered mild enough that he was characterized as day-to-day before landing on the disabled list several days later. However, during the rehab process, Brentz suffered a recurrence of the injury, and he’s currently in Fort Myers as he works to get healthy. One team source said he’s out for at least a couple more weeks. The 25-year-old is hitting .230 with a .335 OBP and .430 slugging mark.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Spinners drop one in extras, timely hitting for Sea Dogs and Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi blasts first professional home run
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts, Stankiewicz shines for Salem
- Red Sox purchase contract of pitcher Noe Ramirez
- Johnson named to International League All-Star Team
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech goes six strong, Nava returns to Pawtucket
- Red Sox sign two as international signing period opens
- Cup of Coffee: Devers hits clutch homer, GCL Sox remain unbeaten
- Podcast Ep. 79: Promotions, Signings, Rankings, Fireworks?
- Five Sea Dogs chosen for Eastern League All-Star team