Bryce Brentz rehabbing in Fort Myers after hamstring setback
|06.21.14 at 6:14 pm ET|
At a time when the Red Sox have been desperate for outfield production and right-handed bats, Bryce Brentz has been notably absent from the discussion. Brentz has been out since tweaking a hamstring on May 15. Initially, the injury was considered mild enough that he was characterized as day-to-day before landing on the disabled list several days later. However, during the rehab process, Brentz suffered a recurrence of the injury, and he’s currently in Fort Myers as he works to get healthy. One team source said he’s out for at least a couple more weeks. The 25-year-old is hitting .230 with a .335 OBP and .430 slugging mark.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Owens reassigned to minors in latest roster cuts; Boggs released
- The Write-Up: More reports from Fort Myers
- Karsten Whitson close to his old self in Red Sox system
- 2015 Spring Training Reports
- With injury behind him, Longhi honing selective approach this spring
- Podcast Ep. 71: Spring Training Reports!
- Scouting Scratch: Trey Ball
- Fort Report: SoxProspects crew arrives in Fort Myers
- The Write-Up: More from the Fort
- Teddy Stankiewicz debuted streamlined delivery in first spring outing