Bryce Brentz rehabbing in Fort Myers after hamstring setback
|06.21.14 at 6:14 pm ET|
At a time when the Red Sox have been desperate for outfield production and right-handed bats, Bryce Brentz has been notably absent from the discussion. Brentz has been out since tweaking a hamstring on May 15. Initially, the injury was considered mild enough that he was characterized as day-to-day before landing on the disabled list several days later. However, during the rehab process, Brentz suffered a recurrence of the injury, and he’s currently in Fort Myers as he works to get healthy. One team source said he’s out for at least a couple more weeks. The 25-year-old is hitting .230 with a .335 OBP and .430 slugging mark.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Perez leads GCL Sox to walk-off win in finals opener
- Weekly Notes: Greenville makes playoff push, GCL Sox reach finals
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, De Jesus pitch Sox into GCL finals
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi powers Greenville to victory
- Cup of Coffee: Callahan helps move Greenville into wild card lead
- Podcast Ep. 84: Mailbag extravaganza!
- Cup of Coffee: Longhi, Watkins power Greenville playoff push
- Cup of Coffee: Drive step closer to playoffs behind Drehoff, Moncada
- Cup of Coffee: Season comes to an end for DSL Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: DSL Sox drop playoff opener; Espinoza dominates