Red Sox lineup: Slumping Xander Bogaerts starts day on bench
|06.21.14 at 12:47 pm ET|
With right-hander Jesse Chavez on the mound for the A’s, Xander Bogaerts will start today’s game between the Red Sox and A’s in Oakland on the bench. Bogaerts is in the middle of a horrific slump, going 4-for-42 over his last 12 games (striking out three times Friday night). Jonathan Herrera gets the start at third base.
Here is the Red Sox‘ lineup with Rubby De La Rosa on the mound:
Brock Holt RF
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Daniel Nava LF
A.J. Pierzynski C
Stephen Drew SS
Jonathan Herrera 3B
Jackie Bradley CF
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- David Price Allowed 5 ER in 3.1 IP and Is Now 0-8 in Career Postseason...
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller