Red Sox lineup: Slumping Xander Bogaerts starts day on bench
|06.21.14 at 12:47 pm ET|
With right-hander Jesse Chavez on the mound for the A’s, Xander Bogaerts will start today’s game between the Red Sox and A’s in Oakland on the bench. Bogaerts is in the middle of a horrific slump, going 4-for-42 over his last 12 games (striking out three times Friday night). Jonathan Herrera gets the start at third base.
Here is the Red Sox‘ lineup with Rubby De La Rosa on the mound:
Brock Holt RF
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Daniel Nava LF
A.J. Pierzynski C
Stephen Drew SS
Jonathan Herrera 3B
Jackie Bradley CF
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson strikes out eight to make his case
- Podcast Ep. #100: Your regularly scheduled June programming
- Red Sox promote Miller, option Cuevas
- Weekly Notes: Promotions continue and scouting notes
- Cup of Coffee: Ball great again, Benintendi stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, O'Sullivan impress on the mound
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Sam Travis
- Cup of Coffee: GCL opens season, Washington, Moncada mash
- Scouting Scratch: Kevin Steen, Enmanuel De Jesus and more Lowell pitchers