Source: ‘Nothing going on’ regarding Red Sox, Matt Kemp
|06.23.14 at 12:14 am ET|
There had been reports that the Sox were heavily scouting Los Angeles, with Kemp as a potential target. But while the Red Sox continue to explore multiple avenues in regard to upgrading their outfield’s offensive production, according to the source there is no momentum regarding any deal involving the Dodgers outfielder.
Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti told The Boston Globe that Kemp is not on the market.
Moving Kemp would, however, seem to make sense for the Dodgers, who are juggling the playing time of Yasiel Puig, Scott Van Slyke, Andre Ethier and Carl Crawford. The right-handed-hitting Kemp will have five years and $107 million on his current deal after the 2014 season.
The 29-year-old is hitting .278 with seven home runs and a .793 OPS. He has been hot as of late, hitting .410 with a 1.106 OPS in his last 10 games.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- David Price Allowed 5 ER in 3.1 IP and Is Now 0-8 in Career Postseason...
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller