Curt Schilling’s cancer in remission
|06.25.14 at 5:55 pm ET|
The 47-year-old, who shared in February that he was fighting cancer, revealed the good news Wednesday via Twitter.
As of yesterday I am in remission. Start the 5 year clock!
‘ Curt Schilling (@gehrig38) June 25, 2014
A three-time World Series champion and six-time All-Star, Schilling pitched for the Red Sox from 2004-2007, winning World Series titles with Boston in both 2004 and 2007.
For more Red Sox news, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Martinez, Heller, Weems lead Salem bats in win
- Cup of Coffee: Light shines bright for Salem
- Players of the Week, 7/14-20: Michael Almanzar & Trey Ball
- Cup of Coffee: Acosta scores four in GCL Sox sweep
- Weekly Notes: Betts returns to Pawtucket, Owens wins ninth straight
- 2014 Draft recap: Sox sign 31 players, with impact potential at the top
- Cup of Coffee: Ranaudo, Johnson impress, Stankiewicz fans nine
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #61: Wild Turkeys, July 2, and the Draft
- Cup of Coffee: Owens stays strong; Ball delivers best yet
- Cup of Coffee: Steven Wright leads Pawtucket; Meyers powers Lowell