Grady Sizemore signs minor league deal with Phillies
|06.25.14 at 8:20 am ET|
Sizemore hit .216 with two home runs and 15 RBIs in 52 games with the Red Sox before being released on June 18. He will report to Triple-A Lehigh Valley.
Sizemore, 31, made the Red Sox roster out of spring training after battling multiple injuries that required surgery, keeping the former All Star out of baseball for two years. Sizemore got off to a promising start after hitting near .300 in mid-April, but declined rapidly after that before his release.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox deal Anthony Ranaudo to Rangers for Robbie Ross Jr.
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings