Grady Sizemore signs minor league deal with Phillies
|06.25.14 at 8:20 am ET|
Sizemore hit .216 with two home runs and 15 RBIs in 52 games with the Red Sox before being released on June 18. He will report to Triple-A Lehigh Valley.
Sizemore, 31, made the Red Sox roster out of spring training after battling multiple injuries that required surgery, keeping the former All Star out of baseball for two years. Sizemore got off to a promising start after hitting near .300 in mid-April, but declined rapidly after that before his release.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Chavis shines in national TV spotlight
- Cup of Coffee: Travis, Owens continue hot stretches
- Cup of Coffee: Brian Johnson leads PawSox to shutout victory
- After slow start, Cecchini heating up at the plate, settling into left field
- Cup of Coffee: Watkins earns save after catching 14 innings
- Weekly Notes: Johnson makes Major League debut
- Cup of Coffee: Big offensive performances from Pawtucket, Greenville and Portland
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas, Travis highlight tight Portland victory
- Cup of Coffee: Tejeda's big night pushes Portland past Fisher Cats
- 2015 Draft Recap: Benintendi a best-case scenario