Grady Sizemore signs minor league deal with Phillies
|06.25.14 at 8:20 am ET|
Sizemore hit .216 with two home runs and 15 RBIs in 52 games with the Red Sox before being released on June 18. He will report to Triple-A Lehigh Valley.
Sizemore, 31, made the Red Sox roster out of spring training after battling multiple injuries that required surgery, keeping the former All Star out of baseball for two years. Sizemore got off to a promising start after hitting near .300 in mid-April, but declined rapidly after that before his release.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Fort Report: Moncada Madness
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando