Grady Sizemore signs minor league deal with Phillies
|06.25.14 at 8:20 am ET|
Sizemore hit .216 with two home runs and 15 RBIs in 52 games with the Red Sox before being released on June 18. He will report to Triple-A Lehigh Valley.
Sizemore, 31, made the Red Sox roster out of spring training after battling multiple injuries that required surgery, keeping the former All Star out of baseball for two years. Sizemore got off to a promising start after hitting near .300 in mid-April, but declined rapidly after that before his release.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada returns, Bradley Jr. goes off
- Eduardo Rodriguez to be recalled for Thursday start
- Cup of Coffee: Roof and Tekotte go back-to-back in Portland win
- The Write-Up: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Stankiewicz fires eight-inning gem to lead Salem
- Weekly Notes: The Yoan Moncada era begins
- Cup of Coffee: Ball shuts down Dash offense, Callahan has wild outing
- Cup of Coffee: Witte walks off for Portland, Buttrey goes seven strong for Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech drives Greenville past Charleston
- Cup of Coffee: Gunkel grabs first Double-A win, Craig reaches five times