Grady Sizemore signs minor league deal with Phillies
|06.25.14 at 8:20 am ET|
Sizemore hit .216 with two home runs and 15 RBIs in 52 games with the Red Sox before being released on June 18. He will report to Triple-A Lehigh Valley.
Sizemore, 31, made the Red Sox roster out of spring training after battling multiple injuries that required surgery, keeping the former All Star out of baseball for two years. Sizemore got off to a promising start after hitting near .300 in mid-April, but declined rapidly after that before his release.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Dubon taking journey from Honduras to the majors one stop at a time
- The Write-Up: Clay Buchholz
- Fort Report: Cuts, injuries and positional battles
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 1: Catchers
- With new delivery honed, Haley looks to build on breakout season
- Scouting Scratch: Yoan Moncada
- 2015 Spring Training Reports
- Owens reassigned to minors in latest roster cuts; Boggs released
- The Write-Up: More reports from Fort Myers
- Karsten Whitson close to his old self in Red Sox system