Red Sox lineup: Brock Holt in left, Jackie Bradley Jr. in center, Mookie Betts in right
|07.01.14 at 3:09 pm ET|
The Red Sox had suggested a plan to employ five players — Brock Holt, Jackie Bradley, Mookie Betts, Xander Bogaerts and Stephen Drew — at four positions (center, right, third, short) in order to ensure regular playing time for the entire group. On Tuesday, the Sox will expand that equation to seven-for-five, as Daniel Nava and Jonny Gomes will sit in favor of an outfield that features Holt in left, Bradley in center and Betts in right. Bogaerts will be at third while Drew plays short against Cubs starter Edwin Jackson.
RED SOX LINEUP
Brock Holt, LF
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Napoli, 1B
A.J. Pierzynski, C
Xander Bogaerts, 3B
Stephen Drew, SS
Mookie Betts, RF
Jackie Bradley Jr., CF
Clay Buchholz, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox Will Not Fill GM Position After Mike Hazen's Hiring by...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- FallWinter League Roundup: Dominican League begins, Haley solid
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins