Red Sox lineup: Brock Holt in left, Jackie Bradley Jr. in center, Mookie Betts in right
|07.01.14 at 3:09 pm ET|
The Red Sox had suggested a plan to employ five players — Brock Holt, Jackie Bradley, Mookie Betts, Xander Bogaerts and Stephen Drew — at four positions (center, right, third, short) in order to ensure regular playing time for the entire group. On Tuesday, the Sox will expand that equation to seven-for-five, as Daniel Nava and Jonny Gomes will sit in favor of an outfield that features Holt in left, Bradley in center and Betts in right. Bogaerts will be at third while Drew plays short against Cubs starter Edwin Jackson.
RED SOX LINEUP
Brock Holt, LF
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Napoli, 1B
A.J. Pierzynski, C
Xander Bogaerts, 3B
Stephen Drew, SS
Mookie Betts, RF
Jackie Bradley Jr., CF
Clay Buchholz, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Moncada and Benintendi named to Futures Game
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson strikes out eight to make his case
- Podcast Ep. #100: Your regularly scheduled June programming
- Red Sox promote Miller, option Cuevas
- Weekly Notes: Promotions continue and scouting notes
- Cup of Coffee: Ball great again, Benintendi stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, O'Sullivan impress on the mound
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Sam Travis
- Cup of Coffee: GCL opens season, Washington, Moncada mash