Red Sox lineup: Brock Holt in left, Jackie Bradley Jr. in center, Mookie Betts in right
|07.01.14 at 3:09 pm ET|
The Red Sox had suggested a plan to employ five players — Brock Holt, Jackie Bradley, Mookie Betts, Xander Bogaerts and Stephen Drew — at four positions (center, right, third, short) in order to ensure regular playing time for the entire group. On Tuesday, the Sox will expand that equation to seven-for-five, as Daniel Nava and Jonny Gomes will sit in favor of an outfield that features Holt in left, Bradley in center and Betts in right. Bogaerts will be at third while Drew plays short against Cubs starter Edwin Jackson.
RED SOX LINEUP
Brock Holt, LF
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Napoli, 1B
A.J. Pierzynski, C
Xander Bogaerts, 3B
Stephen Drew, SS
Mookie Betts, RF
Jackie Bradley Jr., CF
Clay Buchholz, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies