Red Sox lineup: Xander Bogaerts sits, David Ortiz returns for Game 2 of doubleheader
|07.05.14 at 5:10 pm ET|
After their dramatic walk-off, 3-2, win over the Orioles in Game 1 of Saturday’s doubleheader, the Red Sox made a few changes to their lineup for Game 2.
Most notably, third baseman Xander Bogaerts will sit after going 0-for-4 with three strikeouts in Game 1 and is currently 0 for his last 27 and 2 for his last 50. After missing Game 1 due to traveling back from his daughter’s graduation in the Domincan, David Ortiz is in the lineup going up against O’s right-hander Ubaldo Jimenez.
Brock Holt will take Bogaerts’ place at third base as the Red Sox outfield will have Jonny Gomes in left, Mookie Betts in center and Daniel Nava in right.
John Lackey will take the mound for the Sox seeking his 10th win of the year.
RED SOX LINEUP
Brock Holt, 3B
Daniel Nava, RF
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Napoli, 1B
Stephen Drew, SS
Jonny Gomes, LF
A.J. Pierzynski, C
Mookie Betts, CF
John Lackey, RHP
For a complete look at the matchups, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Help Wanted: Database Coordinator
- January Notes: Red Sox extend contract with Greenville
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Champions crowned as play concludes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Championship series underway
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Blake Swihart
- Help Wanted: Writers, Editors
- Red Sox bring back Dan Butler on minor league deal
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramos and Castillo combine for 16 hits
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Henry Owens