Red Sox lineup: Xander Bogaerts sits, David Ortiz returns for Game 2 of doubleheader
|07.05.14 at 5:10 pm ET|
After their dramatic walk-off, 3-2, win over the Orioles in Game 1 of Saturday’s doubleheader, the Red Sox made a few changes to their lineup for Game 2.
Most notably, third baseman Xander Bogaerts will sit after going 0-for-4 with three strikeouts in Game 1 and is currently 0 for his last 27 and 2 for his last 50. After missing Game 1 due to traveling back from his daughter’s graduation in the Domincan, David Ortiz is in the lineup going up against O’s right-hander Ubaldo Jimenez.
Brock Holt will take Bogaerts’ place at third base as the Red Sox outfield will have Jonny Gomes in left, Mookie Betts in center and Daniel Nava in right.
John Lackey will take the mound for the Sox seeking his 10th win of the year.
RED SOX LINEUP
Brock Holt, 3B
Daniel Nava, RF
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Napoli, 1B
Stephen Drew, SS
Jonny Gomes, LF
A.J. Pierzynski, C
Mookie Betts, CF
John Lackey, RHP
For a complete look at the matchups, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Moncada and Benintendi named to Futures Game
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson strikes out eight to make his case
- Podcast Ep. #100: Your regularly scheduled June programming
- Red Sox promote Miller, option Cuevas
- Weekly Notes: Promotions continue and scouting notes
- Cup of Coffee: Ball great again, Benintendi stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, O'Sullivan impress on the mound
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Sam Travis
- Cup of Coffee: GCL opens season, Washington, Moncada mash