Red Sox lineup: Xander Bogaerts sits, David Ortiz returns for Game 2 of doubleheader
|07.05.14 at 5:10 pm ET|
After their dramatic walk-off, 3-2, win over the Orioles in Game 1 of Saturday’s doubleheader, the Red Sox made a few changes to their lineup for Game 2.
Most notably, third baseman Xander Bogaerts will sit after going 0-for-4 with three strikeouts in Game 1 and is currently 0 for his last 27 and 2 for his last 50. After missing Game 1 due to traveling back from his daughter’s graduation in the Domincan, David Ortiz is in the lineup going up against O’s right-hander Ubaldo Jimenez.
Brock Holt will take Bogaerts’ place at third base as the Red Sox outfield will have Jonny Gomes in left, Mookie Betts in center and Daniel Nava in right.
John Lackey will take the mound for the Sox seeking his 10th win of the year.
RED SOX LINEUP
Brock Holt, 3B
Daniel Nava, RF
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Napoli, 1B
Stephen Drew, SS
Jonny Gomes, LF
A.J. Pierzynski, C
Mookie Betts, CF
John Lackey, RHP
For a complete look at the matchups, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Garin Cecchini and Yoan Aybar
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Kevin McAvoy and Bryce Brentz
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Travis leads way as Scottsdale wins AFL title
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Travis Lakins and Jalen Beeks
- Light, Jerez, and Hernandez added to 40-man roster
- Light, Hernandez top list of potential Friday roster additions
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Christopher Acosta and Ben Taylor
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Austin Glorius and Jordan Procyshen
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Travis blasts walk-off home run
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Chandler Shepherd and Kyle Martin