Red Sox lineup: Xander Bogaerts sits for series finale vs. White Sox
|07.10.14 at 1:21 pm ET|
One day after he was replaced in the eighth inning by a pinch-hitter, Xander Bogaerts is out of the Red Sox lineup for the series finale against the White Sox. Despite the presence of a left-hander (Jose Quintana) on the mound for Chicago, Stephen Drew will start at shortstop with Brock Holt at third, Jackie Bradley Jr. in center and Mookie Betts in right. (Here was John Farrell‘s explanation for why he replaced Bogaerts with Mike Carp in the late innings.)
RED SOX LINEUP
Brock Holt, 3B
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Napoli, 1B
Jonny Gomes, LF
Mookie Betts, RF
Stephen Drew, SS
David Ross, C
Jackie Bradley Jr., CF
Jon Lester, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- David Price Allowed 5 ER in 3.1 IP and Is Now 0-8 in Career Postseason...
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller