Red Sox lineup: Mike Napoli sits, Mike Carp cleans up
|07.11.14 at 5:01 pm ET|
Mike Napoli, hitting just .188 (with a .350 OBP) and .250 slugging mark in the month of July, will get the day off as the Red Sox open a three-game series in Houston against the Astros. In his place, Mike Carp will clean up and get the start at first base. Xander Bogaerts, who sat out of Thursday’s series finale against the White Sox, is back in the lineup at third base. Mookie Betts will get the day off, while Christian Vazquez will be behind the plate for John Lackey.
RED SOX LINEUP
Brock Holt, RF
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Carp, 1B
Daniel Nava, LF
Jackie Bradley Jr., CF
Xander Bogaerts, 3B
Stephen Drew, SS
Christian Vazquez, C
John Lackey, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Concerned Should Red Sox Be over Price's Roller-Coaster 2016?
- Latest Updates on Chris Young's Hamstring Injury
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Jerez and Romanski selected to Eastern League All-Star Game
- Cup of Coffee: Castillo powers PawSox
- Chris Marrero, Sean O'Sullivan selected to Int'l League All-Star Team
- Scouting Scratch: Josh Pennington, Darwinzon Hernandez and Gerson Bautista
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi celebrates Futures Game selection with four-hit night
- Moncada and Benintendi named to Futures Game
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson strikes out eight to make his case
- Podcast Ep. #100: Your regularly scheduled June programming
- Red Sox promote Miller, option Cuevas