What did Red Sox do during All-Star break?
|07.17.14 at 12:40 am ET|
With Jon Lester and Koji Uehara the lone All-Star representatives in Minnesota for the Red Sox (besides the coaching staff), many members of the team had a chance to relax before the grind of the second half of the season gets underway. Some decided to share their activities on social media.
First baseman Mike Napoli had dinner with some long-time friends in the North End.
‘ Jen Royle (@Jen_Royle) July 16, 2014
‘ Lindsay Clubine (@LindsayClubine) July 16, 2014
Outfielder Mookie Betts held a kickball tournament back home in Tennessee to see friends and family.
Whitfield park 2pm July 15th. Come shake my kickball tourney!
‘ mookiebetts (@mookiebetts) July 7, 2014
Outfielder Jackie Bradley Jr. and his wife Erin took a trip to Six Flags New England.
Sky Screamer pic.twitter.com/4o9CnETKiY
‘ Jackie Bradley Jr. (@JackieBradleyJr) July 14, 2014
And third baseman Will Middlebrooks got engaged to former NESN Red Sox sideline reporter Jenny Dell.
‘ Jenny Dell (@JennyDell_) July 15, 2014
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Ockimey powers Lowell, Hernandez leads PawSox comeback
- Cup of Coffee: McAvoy tosses Salem past Nationals
- Cup of Coffee: Chavis shines in national TV spotlight
- Cup of Coffee: Travis, Owens continue hot stretches
- Cup of Coffee: Brian Johnson leads PawSox to shutout victory
- After slow start, Cecchini heating up at the plate, settling into left field
- Cup of Coffee: Watkins earns save after catching 14 innings
- Weekly Notes: Johnson makes Major League debut
- Cup of Coffee: Big offensive performances from Pawtucket, Greenville and Portland
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas, Travis highlight tight Portland victory