Red Sox lineup: David Ross catching Clay Buchholz to open second half
|07.18.14 at 3:26 pm ET|
David Ross will be behind the plate to catch Clay Buchholz in the opener of the second half. Stephen Drew — a career 5-for-8 against Royals starter James Shields — will start at shortstop, with Xander Bogaerts at third, Brock Holt in right field, Jackie Bradley Jr. in center and Daniel Nava in left. Mookie Betts will sit.
For a complete batter vs. pitcher breakdown, click here.
RED SOX LINEUP
Brock Holt RF
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Daniel Nava LF
Xander Bogaerts 3B
Stephen Drew SS
Jackie Bradley Jr. CF
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Episode 113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies
- Fort Report: Benintendi to bat third in Boston?
- Fort Report: Owens struggles, Castillo seeks redemption
- Support SoxProspects in 2017