Red Sox lineup: Brock Holt in center, Jackie Bradley Jr. sits vs. LHP J.A. Happ
|07.22.14 at 3:34 pm ET|
With left-hander J.A. Happ on the mound for the Blue Jays, the Red Sox will give Jackie Bradley Jr. a day off in center field. The incomprehensibly versatile Brock Holt will start there, with Jonny Gomes starting in left and Daniel Nava sitting against the lefty. Despite the presence of a lefty on the mound, Stephen Drew will start at short for a Red Sox team that, in 16 games in July, has scored 83 runs — one fewer than the club plated in 28 games in June. David Ross will be behind the plate for Jake Peavy.
For a look at how Red Sox players have fared against Happ and how Blue Jays hitters have done against Peavy, click here.
RED SOX LINEUP
Brock Holt, CF
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Napoli, 1B
Jonny Gomes, LF
Shane Victorino, RF
Stephen Drew, SS
Xander Bogaerts, 3B
David Ross, C
Jake Peavy, RHP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- Scouting Scratch: Kevin Steen, Enmanuel De Jesus and more Lowell pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Beeks, Dubon debut at Double-A, Lowell wins again
- Sources: Mauricio Dubon promoted to Portland
- Scouting Scratch: Michael Kopech
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada stays hot in Portland; Lowell improves to 6-0
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada makes Double-A debut; Owens dominates for PawSox
- Cup of Coffee: Holt doubles twice in first rehab appearance
- Weekly Notes: Moncada promoted, Kopech debuts, and Salem claims Southern Division first-half title
- Cup of Coffee: Affiliates sweep, Moncada homers before promotion
- Moncada, Beeks, Taylor promoted to Portland