Red Sox lineup: Brock Holt in center, Jackie Bradley Jr. sits vs. LHP J.A. Happ
|07.22.14 at 3:34 pm ET|
With left-hander J.A. Happ on the mound for the Blue Jays, the Red Sox will give Jackie Bradley Jr. a day off in center field. The incomprehensibly versatile Brock Holt will start there, with Jonny Gomes starting in left and Daniel Nava sitting against the lefty. Despite the presence of a lefty on the mound, Stephen Drew will start at short for a Red Sox team that, in 16 games in July, has scored 83 runs — one fewer than the club plated in 28 games in June. David Ross will be behind the plate for Jake Peavy.
For a look at how Red Sox players have fared against Happ and how Blue Jays hitters have done against Peavy, click here.
RED SOX LINEUP
Brock Holt, CF
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Napoli, 1B
Jonny Gomes, LF
Shane Victorino, RF
Stephen Drew, SS
Xander Bogaerts, 3B
David Ross, C
Jake Peavy, RHP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Owens reassigned to minors in latest roster cuts; Boggs released
- The Write-Up: More reports from Fort Myers
- Karsten Whitson close to his old self in Red Sox system
- 2015 Spring Training Reports
- With injury behind him, Longhi honing selective approach this spring
- Podcast Ep. 71: Spring Training Reports!
- Scouting Scratch: Trey Ball
- Fort Report: SoxProspects crew arrives in Fort Myers
- The Write-Up: More from the Fort
- Teddy Stankiewicz debuted streamlined delivery in first spring outing