Red Sox lineup: Brock Holt in center, Jackie Bradley Jr. sits vs. LHP J.A. Happ
|07.22.14 at 3:34 pm ET|
With left-hander J.A. Happ on the mound for the Blue Jays, the Red Sox will give Jackie Bradley Jr. a day off in center field. The incomprehensibly versatile Brock Holt will start there, with Jonny Gomes starting in left and Daniel Nava sitting against the lefty. Despite the presence of a lefty on the mound, Stephen Drew will start at short for a Red Sox team that, in 16 games in July, has scored 83 runs — one fewer than the club plated in 28 games in June. David Ross will be behind the plate for Jake Peavy.
For a look at how Red Sox players have fared against Happ and how Blue Jays hitters have done against Peavy, click here.
RED SOX LINEUP
Brock Holt, CF
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Napoli, 1B
Jonny Gomes, LF
Shane Victorino, RF
Stephen Drew, SS
Xander Bogaerts, 3B
David Ross, C
Jake Peavy, RHP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Fort Report: Moncada Madness
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando