Red Sox lineup: Brock Holt in center, Jackie Bradley Jr. sits vs. LHP J.A. Happ
|07.22.14 at 3:34 pm ET|
With left-hander J.A. Happ on the mound for the Blue Jays, the Red Sox will give Jackie Bradley Jr. a day off in center field. The incomprehensibly versatile Brock Holt will start there, with Jonny Gomes starting in left and Daniel Nava sitting against the lefty. Despite the presence of a lefty on the mound, Stephen Drew will start at short for a Red Sox team that, in 16 games in July, has scored 83 runs — one fewer than the club plated in 28 games in June. David Ross will be behind the plate for Jake Peavy.
For a look at how Red Sox players have fared against Happ and how Blue Jays hitters have done against Peavy, click here.
RED SOX LINEUP
Brock Holt, CF
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Napoli, 1B
Jonny Gomes, LF
Shane Victorino, RF
Stephen Drew, SS
Xander Bogaerts, 3B
David Ross, C
Jake Peavy, RHP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox deal Anthony Ranaudo to Rangers for Robbie Ross Jr.
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings
- Red Sox acquire Danny Rosenbaum from Nationals for Dan Butler