Mike Carp requests trade
|07.26.14 at 5:18 pm ET|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — According to Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe, Red Sox first baseman/left fielder Mike Carp requested a trade coming out of the All-Star break. Red Sox manager John Farrell confirmed that he’s had several conversations with Carp — a key bench contributor in 2013 — about his role.
“We’ve met multiple times coming out of the break and since the break, since we’ve started back up. He wants to play more. I respect that,” said Farrell. “I can respect his desire to get on the field.”
Teams — particularly NL teams — have been scouting Carp as a possible trade deadline addition.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Weekly Notes: Big league season comes to an end
- The Write-Up: Logan Allen, Travis Lakins, William Cuevas and Yankory Pimentel
- Weekly Notes: Season end awards & front office changes
- SoxProspects.com 2015 season-end award winners
- Travis, Moncada highlight Red Sox minor league awards
- Podcast Ep. 86: Season in Review, Pt. 1
- Weekly Notes: Moncada to play winter ball in Puerto Rico
- 2015 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Weekly Notes: Front office moves, Fall Instructs rosters announced
- Podcast Ep. 85: Final Notes from the Field, Sept. Rankings, Wendell Rijo