Report: ‘Very good chance’ Red Sox trade John Lackey as well as Jon Lester
|07.30.14 at 12:48 pm ET|
However, Fox Sports’ Ken Rosenthal tweeted Wednesday afternoon that both hurlers could be headed elsewhere prior to Thursday afternoon’s trade deadline.
Wrote Rosenthal: Source: “Very good chance” that #RedSox trade Lackey along with Lester.
Rosenthal followed up with another tweet clarifying that he did not mean the pitchers were being packaged in the same deal.
Rosenthal mentioned the Indians and Marlins as being among teams that would be interested in a pitcher like Lackey who is under team control for one more season (and for only $500,000).
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Christian Vazquez
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday
- Kukuk arrested, charged with aggravated robbery
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Allen Webster
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Brandon Workman
- Alex Hassan claimed off waivers by Oakland
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: AFL winds down, Vazquez makes debut
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Jackie Bradley, Jr.