Report: ‘Very good chance’ Red Sox trade John Lackey as well as Jon Lester
|07.30.14 at 12:48 pm ET|
However, Fox Sports’ Ken Rosenthal tweeted Wednesday afternoon that both hurlers could be headed elsewhere prior to Thursday afternoon’s trade deadline.
Wrote Rosenthal: Source: “Very good chance” that #RedSox trade Lackey along with Lester.
Rosenthal followed up with another tweet clarifying that he did not mean the pitchers were being packaged in the same deal.
Rosenthal mentioned the Indians and Marlins as being among teams that would be interested in a pitcher like Lackey who is under team control for one more season (and for only $500,000).
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo