Report: ‘Very good chance’ Red Sox trade John Lackey as well as Jon Lester
|07.30.14 at 12:48 pm ET|
However, Fox Sports’ Ken Rosenthal tweeted Wednesday afternoon that both hurlers could be headed elsewhere prior to Thursday afternoon’s trade deadline.
Wrote Rosenthal: Source: “Very good chance” that #RedSox trade Lackey along with Lester.
Rosenthal followed up with another tweet clarifying that he did not mean the pitchers were being packaged in the same deal.
Rosenthal mentioned the Indians and Marlins as being among teams that would be interested in a pitcher like Lackey who is under team control for one more season (and for only $500,000).
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- The Write-Up: Matt Barnes, Brian Johnson, Keith Couch
- Cup of Coffee: Bradley, Berry support Johnson in PawSox win
- Cup of Coffee: Moore, Miller provide heroics as Drive win in 14
- Cup of Coffee: Rodriguez tosses complete game, Kopech stymies Asheville
- Cup of Coffee: McCarthy pitches Portland past Thunder
- Cup of Coffee: Gunkel perfect in relief, Miller walks off for Greenville
- Cup of Coffee: Dahlstrand cruises again in Salem's win
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson tosses complete game shutout
- Cup of Coffee: Chavis homers in 10th inning to lead Drive
- Weekly Notes: Blake Swihart's hot start; Rusney Castillo on the mend