Trade deadline roundup: Red Sox reliever Andrew Miller reportedly garnering a lot of interest
|07.31.14 at 1:24 pm ET|
Miller is garnering a lot of interest, according to multiple reports. The Red Sox are being swarmed with offers, as Bob Nightengale of USA Today tweeted. The Orioles are interested, according to Joel Sherman of the New York Post. The Tigers have strong interest in Miller to bolster their bullpen for the playoffs, according to Bruce Levine of WSCR-AM/670 The Score.
The impending free agent has been one of the most reliable arms out of the Red Sox bullpen in 2014, posting a 2.34 ERA with 14.7 K/9 and 2.8 BB/9.
‘ Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) July 31, 2014
— The Dodgers are said to be going hard after Padres reliever Joaquin Benoit.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox deal Anthony Ranaudo to Rangers for Robbie Ross Jr.
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings
- Red Sox acquire Danny Rosenbaum from Nationals for Dan Butler