Trade deadline roundup: Red Sox reliever Andrew Miller reportedly garnering a lot of interest
|07.31.14 at 1:24 pm ET|
Miller is garnering a lot of interest, according to multiple reports. The Red Sox are being swarmed with offers, as Bob Nightengale of USA Today tweeted. The Orioles are interested, according to Joel Sherman of the New York Post. The Tigers have strong interest in Miller to bolster their bullpen for the playoffs, according to Bruce Levine of WSCR-AM/670 The Score.
The impending free agent has been one of the most reliable arms out of the Red Sox bullpen in 2014, posting a 2.34 ERA with 14.7 K/9 and 2.8 BB/9.
‘ Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) July 31, 2014
— The Dodgers are said to be going hard after Padres reliever Joaquin Benoit.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Aaron Kurcz dealt to Atlanta for Anthony Varvaro
- Offseason Notes: Trades, signings, and awards
- Marco Hernandez received from Cubs to complete Doubront trade
- Podcast Ep. 69: Hot Stove on High
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo/Vazquez headline action in Puerto Rico
- Trade analysis: Scouting the players in the Wade Miley deal
- Sox acquire Zeke Spruill for Myles Smith in second D-Backs trade
- Justin Masterson: An unlikely All-Star reunites with the Red Sox
- Trade analysis: Scouting the prospects dealt for Porcello
- Astros select Jason Garcia in Rule 5 draft, trade him to Orioles