Trade deadline roundup: Red Sox reliever Andrew Miller reportedly garnering a lot of interest
|07.31.14 at 1:24 pm ET|
Miller is garnering a lot of interest, according to multiple reports. The Red Sox are being swarmed with offers, as Bob Nightengale of USA Today tweeted. The Orioles are interested, according to Joel Sherman of the New York Post. The Tigers have strong interest in Miller to bolster their bullpen for the playoffs, according to Bruce Levine of WSCR-AM/670 The Score.
The impending free agent has been one of the most reliable arms out of the Red Sox bullpen in 2014, posting a 2.34 ERA with 14.7 K/9 and 2.8 BB/9.
‘ Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) July 31, 2014
— The Dodgers are said to be going hard after Padres reliever Joaquin Benoit.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- After slow start, Cecchini heating up at the plate, settling into left field
- Cup of Coffee: Watkins earns save after catching 14 innings
- Weekly Notes: Johnson makes Major League debut
- Cup of Coffee: Big offensive performances from Pawtucket, Greenville and Portland
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas, Travis highlight tight Portland victory
- Cup of Coffee: Tejeda's big night pushes Portland past Fisher Cats
- 2015 Draft Recap: Benintendi a best-case scenario
- Podcast Ep. 81: Dropping in on the Drive, Darren Fenster interview
- Cup of Coffee: Owens solid again, Portland stages comeback
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi, Heller, bullpens highlight day for system