Trade deadline roundup: Red Sox reliever Andrew Miller reportedly garnering a lot of interest
|07.31.14 at 1:24 pm ET|
Miller is garnering a lot of interest, according to multiple reports. The Red Sox are being swarmed with offers, as Bob Nightengale of USA Today tweeted. The Orioles are interested, according to Joel Sherman of the New York Post. The Tigers have strong interest in Miller to bolster their bullpen for the playoffs, according to Bruce Levine of WSCR-AM/670 The Score.
The impending free agent has been one of the most reliable arms out of the Red Sox bullpen in 2014, posting a 2.34 ERA with 14.7 K/9 and 2.8 BB/9.
‘ Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) July 31, 2014
— The Dodgers are said to be going hard after Padres reliever Joaquin Benoit.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- Ortiz Ties Jimmie Foxx for 18th on All-Time Home Runs List
- Pedroia Has Become Forgotten Star in Red Sox's Booming Offense
- Andrew Benintendi Injury: Updates on Red Sox OF's Knee, Return
- Buchholz Can Still Play Big Part in Red Sox's Title Hopes
- Porcello's Resurgence Worth Every Penny of Extension
- Betts Has Real Chance of Crashing AL MVP Party
- Cup of Coffee: DSL Red Sox2 break out brooms; Dalbec keeps raking
- Return to past hitting mechanics fueling Bobby Dalbec's success
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero and LaMarre lead the way for PawSox
- Weekly Notes: Moncada, Devers, Tavarez nab postseason awards
- Cup of Coffee: Salem walks off, Downs homers
- Cup of Coffee: Groome impresses while Johnson falters
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects five hits, Chatham belts two homers
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon comes up clutch, Dalbec stays hot for Lowell
- Scouting Scratch: Mike Shawaryn and Shaun Anderson
- Cup of Coffee: LaMarre powers Pawtucket, Kopech whiffs 10