Red Sox lineup: Mookie Betts in center field; Jackie Bradley, Will Middlebrooks sit
|08.06.14 at 4:21 pm ET|
The Red Sox lineup will feature a couple of changes in the second game of the three-game series in St. Louis against the Cardinals. With right-hander Shelby Miller on the hill, the Sox will move Brock Holt from center field to third base, with Will Middlebrooks getting the day off. Jackie Bradley Jr. will sit for the second consecutive day, with Mookie Betts in center field for his third start in six days since being brought back up to the big leagues after the trade deadline.
Joe Kelly will make his Red Sox debut in the park (Busch Stadium) that he’d called home until being dealt by the Cardinals to the Sox last week. David Ortiz, who started at first base in the NL park on Tuesday, will have the day off, with Mike Napoli returning to the lineup.
RED SOX LINEUP
Brock Holt, 3B
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
Yoenis Cespedes, LF
Mike Napoli, 1B
Daniel Nava, RF
Xander Bogaerts, SS
Christian Vazquez, C
Mookie Betts, CF
Joe Kelly, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox Will Not Fill GM Position After Mike Hazen's Hiring by...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- FallWinter League Roundup: Dominican League begins, Haley solid
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins