Red Sox lineup: Mookie Betts in center field; Jackie Bradley, Will Middlebrooks sit
|08.06.14 at 4:21 pm ET|
The Red Sox lineup will feature a couple of changes in the second game of the three-game series in St. Louis against the Cardinals. With right-hander Shelby Miller on the hill, the Sox will move Brock Holt from center field to third base, with Will Middlebrooks getting the day off. Jackie Bradley Jr. will sit for the second consecutive day, with Mookie Betts in center field for his third start in six days since being brought back up to the big leagues after the trade deadline.
Joe Kelly will make his Red Sox debut in the park (Busch Stadium) that he’d called home until being dealt by the Cardinals to the Sox last week. David Ortiz, who started at first base in the NL park on Tuesday, will have the day off, with Mike Napoli returning to the lineup.
RED SOX LINEUP
Brock Holt, 3B
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
Yoenis Cespedes, LF
Mike Napoli, 1B
Daniel Nava, RF
Xander Bogaerts, SS
Christian Vazquez, C
Mookie Betts, CF
Joe Kelly, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo