Red Sox lineup: Mookie Betts in center field; Jackie Bradley, Will Middlebrooks sit
|08.06.14 at 4:21 pm ET|
The Red Sox lineup will feature a couple of changes in the second game of the three-game series in St. Louis against the Cardinals. With right-hander Shelby Miller on the hill, the Sox will move Brock Holt from center field to third base, with Will Middlebrooks getting the day off. Jackie Bradley Jr. will sit for the second consecutive day, with Mookie Betts in center field for his third start in six days since being brought back up to the big leagues after the trade deadline.
Joe Kelly will make his Red Sox debut in the park (Busch Stadium) that he’d called home until being dealt by the Cardinals to the Sox last week. David Ortiz, who started at first base in the NL park on Tuesday, will have the day off, with Mike Napoli returning to the lineup.
RED SOX LINEUP
Brock Holt, 3B
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
Yoenis Cespedes, LF
Mike Napoli, 1B
Daniel Nava, RF
Xander Bogaerts, SS
Christian Vazquez, C
Mookie Betts, CF
Joe Kelly, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox deal Anthony Ranaudo to Rangers for Robbie Ross Jr.
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings
- Red Sox acquire Danny Rosenbaum from Nationals for Dan Butler