Red Sox lineup: Mookie Betts in center field; Jackie Bradley, Will Middlebrooks sit
|08.06.14 at 4:21 pm ET|
The Red Sox lineup will feature a couple of changes in the second game of the three-game series in St. Louis against the Cardinals. With right-hander Shelby Miller on the hill, the Sox will move Brock Holt from center field to third base, with Will Middlebrooks getting the day off. Jackie Bradley Jr. will sit for the second consecutive day, with Mookie Betts in center field for his third start in six days since being brought back up to the big leagues after the trade deadline.
Joe Kelly will make his Red Sox debut in the park (Busch Stadium) that he’d called home until being dealt by the Cardinals to the Sox last week. David Ortiz, who started at first base in the NL park on Tuesday, will have the day off, with Mike Napoli returning to the lineup.
RED SOX LINEUP
Brock Holt, 3B
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
Yoenis Cespedes, LF
Mike Napoli, 1B
Daniel Nava, RF
Xander Bogaerts, SS
Christian Vazquez, C
Mookie Betts, CF
Joe Kelly, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Moncada and Benintendi named to Futures Game
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson strikes out eight to make his case
- Podcast Ep. #100: Your regularly scheduled June programming
- Red Sox promote Miller, option Cuevas
- Weekly Notes: Promotions continue and scouting notes
- Cup of Coffee: Ball great again, Benintendi stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, O'Sullivan impress on the mound
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Sam Travis
- Cup of Coffee: GCL opens season, Washington, Moncada mash