Updated Red Sox lineup: David Ortiz scratched due to wet grounds
|08.07.14 at 8:14 pm ET|
Though David Ortiz was in the original Red Sox lineup as the first baseman for Thursday night in St. Louis, the slugger was scratched due to wet grounds resulting from the daylong rain at Busch Stadium. Ortiz was slated to make his fourth appearance of the year at first base, but given the uncertain terrain in St. Louis, the decision was made to put regular first baseman Mike Napoli back in the lineup. Ortiz is available off the bench.
Here is the updated Red Sox lineup:
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Fort Report: Another round of cuts as Opening Day nears
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players