Updated Red Sox lineup: David Ortiz scratched due to wet grounds
|08.07.14 at 8:14 pm ET|
Though David Ortiz was in the original Red Sox lineup as the first baseman for Thursday night in St. Louis, the slugger was scratched due to wet grounds resulting from the daylong rain at Busch Stadium. Ortiz was slated to make his fourth appearance of the year at first base, but given the uncertain terrain in St. Louis, the decision was made to put regular first baseman Mike Napoli back in the lineup. Ortiz is available off the bench.
Here is the updated Red Sox lineup:
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Fort Report: Cuts, injuries and positional battles
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 1: Catchers
- With new delivery honed, Haley looks to build on breakout season
- Scouting Scratch: Yoan Moncada
- 2015 Spring Training Reports
- Owens reassigned to minors in latest roster cuts; Boggs released
- The Write-Up: More reports from Fort Myers
- Karsten Whitson close to his old self in Red Sox system
- With injury behind him, Longhi honing selective approach this spring
- Podcast Ep. 71: Spring Training Reports!