Updated Red Sox lineup: David Ortiz scratched due to wet grounds
|08.07.14 at 8:14 pm ET|
Though David Ortiz was in the original Red Sox lineup as the first baseman for Thursday night in St. Louis, the slugger was scratched due to wet grounds resulting from the daylong rain at Busch Stadium. Ortiz was slated to make his fourth appearance of the year at first base, but given the uncertain terrain in St. Louis, the decision was made to put regular first baseman Mike Napoli back in the lineup. Ortiz is available off the bench.
Here is the updated Red Sox lineup:
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo