Updated Red Sox lineup: David Ortiz scratched due to wet grounds
|08.07.14 at 8:14 pm ET|
Though David Ortiz was in the original Red Sox lineup as the first baseman for Thursday night in St. Louis, the slugger was scratched due to wet grounds resulting from the daylong rain at Busch Stadium. Ortiz was slated to make his fourth appearance of the year at first base, but given the uncertain terrain in St. Louis, the decision was made to put regular first baseman Mike Napoli back in the lineup. Ortiz is available off the bench.
Here is the updated Red Sox lineup:
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- SoxProspects Staff Announcement: Promotions and new hires!
- Hanley Ramirez: A former top prospect returns
- Ryan Lavarnway designated for assignment as Sandoval signs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez shines in Puerto Rico
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Xander Bogaerts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Mookie Betts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Christian Vazquez
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday