Updated Red Sox lineup: David Ortiz scratched due to wet grounds
|08.07.14 at 8:14 pm ET|
Though David Ortiz was in the original Red Sox lineup as the first baseman for Thursday night in St. Louis, the slugger was scratched due to wet grounds resulting from the daylong rain at Busch Stadium. Ortiz was slated to make his fourth appearance of the year at first base, but given the uncertain terrain in St. Louis, the decision was made to put regular first baseman Mike Napoli back in the lineup. Ortiz is available off the bench.
Here is the updated Red Sox lineup:
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Concerned Should Red Sox Be over Price's Roller-Coaster 2016?
- Latest Updates on Chris Young's Hamstring Injury
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Cup of Coffee: Castillo powers PawSox
- Chris Marrero, Sean O'Sullivan selected to Int'l League All-Star Team
- Scouting Scratch: Josh Pennington, Darwinzon Hernandez and Gerson Bautista
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi celebrates Futures Game selection with four-hit night
- Moncada and Benintendi named to Futures Game
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson strikes out eight to make his case
- Podcast Ep. #100: Your regularly scheduled June programming
- Red Sox promote Miller, option Cuevas
- Weekly Notes: Promotions continue and scouting notes