Allen Craig didn’t feel foot injury was going to be serious
|08.10.14 at 4:39 pm ET|
Red Sox outfielder Allen Craig shared Sunday that he didn’t feel his foot injury was serious at the time that he suffered it in his first game with the Red Sox. Craig jammed his foot on first base on Aug. 1 after being acquired from the Cardinals in a trade that sent John Lackey to St. Louis.
“I think that my gut kind of told me that everything was going to be fine and that I just kind of tweaked my foot a little bit on the base,” he said. “I wasn’t necessarily worried about it, I just saw it as an opportunity to get some reassurance and check that off the list and make sure that everything is fine so we can move forward with the new team I’m on here.”
Craig, who dealt with a foot/ankle injury last postseason, said that his current injury — which he termed a mid-foot sprain — is a “pretty similar deal.” He added that he has felt ‘great’ all season, though he understands that people might speculate that his foot is to blame for what’s been a down year offensively for him.
Craig is eligible to come off the disabled list on Aug. 17.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Cup of Coffee: Ball stymies Mudcats, Brentz leads Pawtucket past Rochester
- Swihart learning to catch the knuckler in Pawtucket
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 7: Low Minors Pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Brentz walks off for PawSox home opener
- Cup of Coffee: Jackie Bradley Jr. continues hot start, Pawtucket falls in doubleheader
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 6: Mid-Minors Pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Margot, Longhi, and Cecchini provide the power
- Podcast Ep. 73: Scout Talk and Season's Start
- Cup of Coffee: Abbreviated 2015 debuts for Kopech, Barnes
- Weekly Notes: Let the games begin