Allen Craig didn’t feel foot injury was going to be serious
|08.10.14 at 4:39 pm ET|
Red Sox outfielder Allen Craig shared Sunday that he didn’t feel his foot injury was serious at the time that he suffered it in his first game with the Red Sox. Craig jammed his foot on first base on Aug. 1 after being acquired from the Cardinals in a trade that sent John Lackey to St. Louis.
“I think that my gut kind of told me that everything was going to be fine and that I just kind of tweaked my foot a little bit on the base,” he said. “I wasn’t necessarily worried about it, I just saw it as an opportunity to get some reassurance and check that off the list and make sure that everything is fine so we can move forward with the new team I’m on here.”
Craig, who dealt with a foot/ankle injury last postseason, said that his current injury — which he termed a mid-foot sprain — is a “pretty similar deal.” He added that he has felt ‘great’ all season, though he understands that people might speculate that his foot is to blame for what’s been a down year offensively for him.
Craig is eligible to come off the disabled list on Aug. 17.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Chris Sale Says Cutting White Sox Jerseys with Knife Was Mistake
- Boston Red Sox: Non-Roster Invitees with Best Shot to Make 25-Man Roster
- Red Sox Broadcaster Jerry Remy Diagnosed with Lung Cancer Relapse
- What Chris Sale Can Learn from David Price's Letdown Red Sox Debut Season
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Key Questions That Need Answering in Spring Training
- Boston Red Sox: 4 Last-Minute Moves They Should Consider
- David Ortiz's No. 34 to Be Retired by Red Sox: Details and Reaction
- Fort Report: Rankings, returns, & reporting to camp
- Fall/Winter Roundup: Castillo and Puerto Rico capture Caribbean Series title
- Former top 20 prospect Acosta returns to camp with Red Sox in DR
- January Notes: Devers invited to camp; Benintendi gets press
- Fall/Winter Roundup: Castillo leads Caguas to PR championship
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez impress in PR finals
- Scouting Report Update: Groome, Shawaryn lead first Lowell updates
- Scouting Report Updates: GCL updates from Fall Instructs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez meet in PR finals
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Leon debuts, Elias strikes out seven