Red Sox lineup: Dustin Pedroia sits, Jackie Bradley Jr. returns
|08.13.14 at 9:48 am ET|
The Red Sox will wrap up their roadtrip with a novel lineup. With a 12:35 p.m. start on Wednesday, the Sox will give Dustin Pedroia a rare day off, with Brock Holt starting at second base. David Ortiz will also get a day off while relinquishing first base to Mike Napoli. Kelly Johnson will get the start at third base in place of Will Middlebrooks (who saw his average drop to .180 on Tuesday), and Dan Butler will start behind the plate for longtime minor league batterymate Anthony Ranaudo. Jackie Bradley Jr. will return to the lineup after sitting on Tuesday, looking to snap an 0-for-35 slump.
RED SOX LINEUP
Brock Holt, 2B
Daniel Nava, RF
Yoenis Cespedes, LF
Mike Napoli, 1B
Kelly Johnson, 3B
Xander Bogaerts, SS
Jackie Bradley Jr., CF
Dan Butler, C
Anthony Ranaudo, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson strikes out eight to make his case
- Podcast Ep. #100: Your regularly scheduled June programming
- Red Sox promote Miller, option Cuevas
- Weekly Notes: Promotions continue and scouting notes
- Cup of Coffee: Ball great again, Benintendi stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, O'Sullivan impress on the mound
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Sam Travis
- Cup of Coffee: GCL opens season, Washington, Moncada mash
- Scouting Scratch: Kevin Steen, Enmanuel De Jesus and more Lowell pitchers