Dustin Pedroia leaves game after fouling ball off foot
|08.16.14 at 12:05 am ET|
The second baseman left what resulted in the Sox’ 5-3 loss after running out a ground ball in the bottom of the eighth inning.
‘He fouled a ball off the right foot. He came out, obviously, he’s sore,’ said Red Sox manager John Farrell. ‘We’ll check him in the morning to see, or when he reports tomorrow, to see if he’s available. He’s a little bit sore after [Saturday night].’
After the game, Pedroia underwent a Fluoroscan that proved negative. In 2010, he underwent surgery after fouling a ball off his left foot.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Brian Johnson leads PawSox to shutout victory
- After slow start, Cecchini heating up at the plate, settling into left field
- Cup of Coffee: Watkins earns save after catching 14 innings
- Weekly Notes: Johnson makes Major League debut
- Cup of Coffee: Big offensive performances from Pawtucket, Greenville and Portland
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas, Travis highlight tight Portland victory
- Cup of Coffee: Tejeda's big night pushes Portland past Fisher Cats
- 2015 Draft Recap: Benintendi a best-case scenario
- Podcast Ep. 81: Dropping in on the Drive, Darren Fenster interview
- Cup of Coffee: Owens solid again, Portland stages comeback