Dustin Pedroia leaves game after fouling ball off foot
|08.16.14 at 12:05 am ET|
The second baseman left what resulted in the Sox’ 5-3 loss after running out a ground ball in the bottom of the eighth inning.
‘He fouled a ball off the right foot. He came out, obviously, he’s sore,’ said Red Sox manager John Farrell. ‘We’ll check him in the morning to see, or when he reports tomorrow, to see if he’s available. He’s a little bit sore after [Saturday night].’
After the game, Pedroia underwent a Fluoroscan that proved negative. In 2010, he underwent surgery after fouling a ball off his left foot.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Weekly Notes: Season end awards & front office changes
- SoxProspects.com 2015 season-end award winners
- Travis, Moncada highlight Red Sox minor league awards
- Podcast Ep. 86: Season in Review, Pt. 1
- Weekly Notes: Moncada to play winter ball in Puerto Rico
- 2015 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Weekly Notes: Front office moves, Fall Instructs rosters announced
- Podcast Ep. 85: Final Notes from the Field, Sept. Rankings, Wendell Rijo
- 2015 Fall Instructional League rosters and schedule take shape
- Red Sox announce trio of front office moves