Red Sox lineup: Dustin Pedroia back in despite early exit on Friday
|08.16.14 at 3:22 pm ET|
Dustin Pedroia is back in the Red Sox lineup Saturday night for the third game of their four-game series against the Astros despite leaving Friday’s game early after fouling a ball off his right foot in the third inning.
The second baseman left in the bottom of the eighth after running out a ground ball. Manager John Farrell said after the game that they would decide whether or not to play him Saturday.
Brock Holt will man third base, giving Will Middlebrooks the day off. Daniel Nava will play in right field.
RED SOX LINEUP
Brock Holt, 3B
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, DH
Yoenis Cespedes, LF
Mike Napoli, 1B
Daniel Nava, RF
Xander Bogaerts, SS
Jackie Bradley Jr., CF
Christian Vazquez, C
Rubby De La Rosa, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Chris Marrero, Sean O'Sullivan selected to Int'l League All-Star Team
- Scouting Scratch: Josh Pennington, Darwinzon Hernandez and Gerson Bautista
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi celebrates Futures Game selection with four-hit night
- Moncada and Benintendi named to Futures Game
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson strikes out eight to make his case
- Podcast Ep. #100: Your regularly scheduled June programming
- Red Sox promote Miller, option Cuevas
- Weekly Notes: Promotions continue and scouting notes
- Cup of Coffee: Ball great again, Benintendi stays hot