Will Middlebrooks day-to-day after exiting with hamstring tightness
|08.19.14 at 9:34 pm ET|
Will Middlebrooks exited Tuesday night’s game against the Angels with what the Red Sox described as right hamstring tightness, one batter after he’d appeared to pull up lame after beating out an infield single against Angels starter Jered Weaver. Though he stayed in the game for a batter (a Xander Bogaerts strikeout), he was then visited by a team trainer and manager John Farrell. He walked off the field under his own power.
“Don’t know the extent of it. Certainly he’s day-to-day at this point,” Farrell said after the game. “He strained it on that infield base hit, and then when he was leading off coming back to second base in that next at-bat, it looked like it grabbed him again. Got him out of there precautionary. It’s day-to-day right now.”
Middlebrooks has already been on the disabled list twice this year, once for a calf strain in April and again for a fractured finger suffered in May. The 25-year-old has been on the field for just 35 big league games this year, hitting .188 with a .275 OBP and .282 slugging mark.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Christian Vazquez
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday
- Kukuk arrested, charged with aggravated robbery
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Allen Webster
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Brandon Workman
- Alex Hassan claimed off waivers by Oakland
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: AFL winds down, Vazquez makes debut
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Jackie Bradley, Jr.