Yoenis Cespedes leaves game due to ‘personal matter’
|08.21.14 at 8:20 pm ET|
Red Sox outfielder Yoenis Cespedes left Thursday’s game against the Angels after three innings. The Red Sox announced that he left the game on “a personal matter” and was not injured. Before exiting, Cespedes had uncoiled a rocket of a throw to nab a runner (attempting to score from second on a two-out single to left) at the plate and had struck out against Angels starter Matt Shoemaker.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- November Notes: Prospect rankings and new CBA
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez belts walk-off home run
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Devers, Hernandez stand out in Dominican winter league
- Podcast Ep. #109: Alex Speier on Ranking the System
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez debuts, Tavarez, Mars stay hot
- Podcast Ep. #108: 2016 Rankings Special
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Kopech continues to dominate
- October Notes: Fall ball and front office changes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada sidelined by thumb sprain
- Help Wanted: Web Editors & Social Media Specialists