Yoenis Cespedes leaves game due to ‘personal matter’
|08.21.14 at 8:20 pm ET|
Red Sox outfielder Yoenis Cespedes left Thursday’s game against the Angels after three innings. The Red Sox announced that he left the game on “a personal matter” and was not injured. Before exiting, Cespedes had uncoiled a rocket of a throw to nab a runner (attempting to score from second on a two-out single to left) at the plate and had struck out against Angels starter Matt Shoemaker.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox deal Anthony Ranaudo to Rangers for Robbie Ross Jr.
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings
- Red Sox acquire Danny Rosenbaum from Nationals for Dan Butler