Dave Dombrowski: ‘Great deal going on’ in Pablo Sandoval’s left shoulder
|04.15.16 at 5:23 pm ET|
The Pablo Sandoval saga drags on.
Speaking before the Red Sox’ series opening game against the Blue Jays, Red Sox president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski said an MRI taken Thursday revealed there was ‘a great deal going on’ in Sandoval’s left shoulder.
Dombrowski wouldn’t reveal any specifics in regards to the findings, but did reveal that Sandoval would be receiving a second opinion with Dr. James Andrews on Monday.
“I’m not going to speculate on anything, but I won’t rule out anything, either,” said Dombrowski when asked if surgery was a possibility.
As for the Yahoo! Sports report that Sandoval wanted to play every day or change organizations, Dombrowski said that it hadn’t been presented to him in that sort of cut-and-dried manner.
“It’s never been termed to me that way,” Dombrowski said. “I know he wants to play every day, but he also understands the situation.”
Sandoval was placed on the 15-day disabled list Tuesday after revealing that he was having trouble lifting his left arm.
(Here is the play that Sandoval possibly aggravated his left shoulder on)
— Joe Giza (@JoeGiza) April 15, 2016
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Fort Report: Groome impresses in spring start
- Notes from the Field: Jason Groome debuts on Day Four
- Chatham using size to his advantage at shortstop
- Fort Report: Another round of cuts as Opening Day nears
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp