|Ryan Lavarnway’s fiancee guides hungry fans through Oscars, baseball season||02.24.13 at 7:40 am ET|
FORT MYERS, Fla. — Jamie Neistat is here to help.
The fiancee of Red Sox catcher Ryan Lavarnway has come to understand the importance of preparation. Sunday night — when the Academy Awards takes center stage on most household television sets — will offer the latest opportunity for Neistat to show off just how much she has prioritized being on-point in whatever situation presents itself.
“Oscars is all about sophisticated finger food,” she said. “It’s a very lavish affair on TV, and everybody watches the red carpet. So you want to have sophisticated finger food. One of the things I’m posting for the Oscars are mushroom pastry purses. Ryan doesn’t even like mushrooms and he ate about two dozen of them when I made them.”
Truth be told, Lavarnway might have already gone through the aforementioned pastries by the time Seth McFarlane utters his first words, but that’s OK. Neistat can make more; that’s what she does. Ryan plays baseball. Jamie cooks … and blogs. (And tweets at @CookinginRedSox.)
Neistat is a classically trained baker, having attended culinary school after earning her business degree at Bucknell University. It has not only led her to jobs at bakeries at whatever locale Lavarnway finds himself playing (she can currently be found baking weekday mornings at Lush French Bakery in Fort Myers), but also into the world of blogging. Read the rest of this entry »
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Fort Report: Moncada Madness
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando