|Hot Stove: Rangers reportedly agree to re-sign C Geovany Soto||12.03.12 at 11:31 am ET|
According to multiple reports, the Rangers and catcher Geovany Soto have agreed on a one-year deal worth approximately $3 million.
Soto, 29, hit .198 with a .270 on-base percentage, a .343 slugging percentage, 11 home runs and 39 RBIs in 99 games split between the Cubs and Rangers. Over his eight-year career, he’s hitting .248/.336/.437 with 82 home runs and 289 RBIs.
He was non-tendered by the Rangers last week.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs
- Cup of Coffee: Salem's narrow loss ends season for whole system
- Podcast Ep. #105: MoncadainBoston