|Hot Stove: Rangers reportedly agree to re-sign C Geovany Soto||12.03.12 at 11:31 am ET|
According to multiple reports, the Rangers and catcher Geovany Soto have agreed on a one-year deal worth approximately $3 million.
Soto, 29, hit .198 with a .270 on-base percentage, a .343 slugging percentage, 11 home runs and 39 RBIs in 99 games split between the Cubs and Rangers. Over his eight-year career, he’s hitting .248/.336/.437 with 82 home runs and 289 RBIs.
He was non-tendered by the Rangers last week.
- PawSox activate Jackie Bradley, Jr. from disabled list
- Weekly Notes: De La Rosa, Betts take center stage
- Cup of Coffee: Shaw leads 18-hit attack in Sea Dogs rout
- Cup of Coffee: Gedman, big Salem seventh key system’s only win
- Christian Vazquez’s new focus at the plate starting to pay off
- Cup of Coffee: Augliera dominant in Salem victory
- Players of the Week, May 6-12: Rubby De La Rosa and Mookie Betts
- Cup of Coffee: Streaks continue for Mookie Betts, Chris Martin
- SoxProspects Video of the Week: Anthony Ranaudo
- Ranaudo's 2013 resurgance continues with six shutout innings