|Hot Stove: Rangers reportedly agree to re-sign C Geovany Soto||12.03.12 at 11:31 am ET|
According to multiple reports, the Rangers and catcher Geovany Soto have agreed on a one-year deal worth approximately $3 million.
Soto, 29, hit .198 with a .270 on-base percentage, a .343 slugging percentage, 11 home runs and 39 RBIs in 99 games split between the Cubs and Rangers. Over his eight-year career, he’s hitting .248/.336/.437 with 82 home runs and 289 RBIs.
He was non-tendered by the Rangers last week.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- David Ortiz Discusses Retirement from Baseball, Time with Red Sox
- Jackie Bradley Jr. Is Now a Red Sox Star
- Big Papi Cementing His Legend with a Bang
- Ortiz Passes Banks, Mathews for 22nd Place on MLB's HR List
- Red Sox's High-Octane Offense Fueling Rise Back to Prominence
- Red Sox Score Double-Digit Runs for 4th Consecutive Game
- Red Sox 1st Team Since 1999 to Score 13+ Runs in 3 Straight
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi, Devers record multi-hit games
- Cup of Coffee: Almonte throws six no-hit innings
- Cup of Coffee: Owens, others struggle on mound
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza dominates in mid-week matinee
- Cup of Coffee: Rodriguez fires seven strong innings in rehab start
- Cup of Coffee: Raudes strikes out eight over six scoreless frames
- Weekly Notes: Rodriguez to start tomorrow for Pawtucket
- Cup of Coffee: Ball shines again for Salem
- The Write-Up: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Cup of Coffee: Kemp homers twice, Light hits 101