|Hot Stove: Rangers reportedly agree to re-sign C Geovany Soto||12.03.12 at 11:31 am ET|
According to multiple reports, the Rangers and catcher Geovany Soto have agreed on a one-year deal worth approximately $3 million.
Soto, 29, hit .198 with a .270 on-base percentage, a .343 slugging percentage, 11 home runs and 39 RBIs in 99 games split between the Cubs and Rangers. Over his eight-year career, he’s hitting .248/.336/.437 with 82 home runs and 289 RBIs.
He was non-tendered by the Rangers last week.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Cup of Coffee: Buttrey stays unbeaten; Longhi's bat paces Drive
- Scouting Scratch: High minors bullpen arms
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada returns, Bradley Jr. goes off
- Eduardo Rodriguez to be recalled for Thursday start
- Cup of Coffee: Roof and Tekotte go back-to-back in Portland win
- The Write-Up: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Stankiewicz fires eight-inning gem to lead Salem
- Weekly Notes: The Yoan Moncada era begins
- Cup of Coffee: Ball shuts down Dash offense, Callahan has wild outing
- Cup of Coffee: Witte walks off for Portland, Buttrey goes seven strong for Salem