|Hot Stove: Rangers reportedly agree to re-sign C Geovany Soto||12.03.12 at 11:31 am ET|
According to multiple reports, the Rangers and catcher Geovany Soto have agreed on a one-year deal worth approximately $3 million.
Soto, 29, hit .198 with a .270 on-base percentage, a .343 slugging percentage, 11 home runs and 39 RBIs in 99 games split between the Cubs and Rangers. Over his eight-year career, he’s hitting .248/.336/.437 with 82 home runs and 289 RBIs.
He was non-tendered by the Rangers last week.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Christian Vazquez
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday
- Kukuk arrested, charged with aggravated robbery
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Allen Webster
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Brandon Workman
- Alex Hassan claimed off waivers by Oakland
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: AFL winds down, Vazquez makes debut
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Jackie Bradley, Jr.